Updated April 19th, 2015
Home Warranty Buying
With a Home Warranty, you’re covered against a mechanical breakdown of a covered component for a full year, beginning the day of closing. You pay only a standard deductible for each claim.
- A standard deductible limits your cost for repairing a covered system, appliance or component.
- Provides coverage generally not offered by a homeowner’s insurance policy.
- A network of qualified contractors to assist you is only a phone call away (usually 24 hours a day, 365 days a year).
- Optional coverages are available for additional protection.
- The warranty may be renewed for subsequent years, so you can enjoy the protection for as long as you own your home (eligibility subject to underwriting criteria).